Saturday 2 August 2008

Home at last... but not for long!

hey peeps, coming to you from Cork in the south western tip of ireland today!its about 9pm and my father has already been put to bed after an enthusiastic evening in thepub awaiting our arrival from Offaly. I say our.. cos i drove down with me ma an my god ma. 2 of the worst back seat drivers EVER!! but im getting off topic, im just home from Ios and it was quite the journey...

lets see, how about starting on my last night on the island.. headed out for dinner and then to the CAvan girls house for some drinkies.. got stuck into the wine and then we hit orange bar for their amazing shots, mint aero anyone?? after that it was on to the red bull bar for some dancing, met some aussie with questionable hair and we jived for a good 45 minutes i think.at this stage my bag had burst and i was keeping my stuff in aoifes bag. but then we go spilt up and i had the bag!uh oh, but did i think of this ... NO. hit shramrock bar, then on to Coo and then flames.. yummy barman told me tonight was my night(yawn that line got so old) i took that time to check my phone and an hourearlier i had gotten a message from aoife saying she was heading home uh oh.. ran home and she was in bed and was so annoyed with me. but we got over it. i think i owed one evil experience...the next day my head was pounding, but i made the ferry, wish i didnt though, the four hour ferry was a disaster...puked (from sea sickness i might add) 4 times!!! then i navigated the tube for about an hour adn finally got to the airport. had about 3 hour to wait before the flight left. but the funiest thing happened on the plane, we couldnt take off cos of a hole on the engine!!! but it was grand.. apparently, he reved the plane and we were off.. if very scared at the thought that we were about to explode! we were an hour late getting hoe and then mum picked me up and headed straight down home... finally at 3am i got into bed in wraymount stud.. so hapy to be there,
but it was not for long...drove the whole way to cork today and it took forever....why have i not figured out how to fly yet???

No comments: