Friday 12 September 2008

New York!

so im here in new york solo and its not as scary as i thought it would be thank god! i arrived on tuesday and spent the day wandering around just being shocked and scared but then i met Mo at T Mobile who was the first person to hit on me here and i felt just fine! I met Daniel the guy who owns the apartment in brooklyn that im renting at 7pm. he is a lovely taiwan due who attends NYU and got a place in williamsburg, closer to campus. im staying at 96th street at the end of the subway line which is fine. thought it would be worse but am now using the subway like a pro!its not that hard when the line i have to take is the R line! So the first night was a little scary because i was convinced that Daniel was going to come back into the apartment with kung fu friends and kill me. but it didnt happen and i survived! so on my second day i took myself across the city and found this camera stor run by Jewish guys that did me a great deal on a camera, with that in hand i headed to the Top of the Rock at the Rockafeller Centre, it was unreal to be that high up. i have a serious fear of heights but being up that high made me feel just lightheaded! some say its better that the empire state for the view cosyou actually see the empire state building. so after that i took myself the long way to central park and it was lovely weather, i was in my pink dress with bright green bra, pink flip flops and electric blue zip up.. quite the colourful person then and this random man spotted me and started to talk to me about NY and fashion week. now i got this weird camp vibe from him so wasnt worried talking to him. he told me that he could get me into fashion week in NY if i turned up at 7pm at the tent with my breasts totally on display and wearing makeup etc. personally i took this as a warning signal but then he and i went our separate ways and i made my way to sephora to do my face for free and then met him outside the busy fashion week tent! he gotme in, and introduced me to many famous people that i didnt recognise, even a model from americas next top model!!!! the bar was serfinv free drinks adn there were flip flps going free, a competition for a blakberry and many wannabe models! but the guy howard was is name, was being very inappropriate with talk of needing 4 men in my life, a gay guy who will always tell me the truth, a latino who will teah me to dance, a black man to (and i quote "fuck the shit out of me") and a white man to marry... it was after this that i made my escape with Bee Cee a photographer out the side entrance, pretending i needed to puke (i did a little cos of the conversation!) i didnt get to see any shows! he was such a pretender! the Bee Cee and I had a little fun posing in front of the tent and then in Times Square cos i was heading out to Long Island to party with Elaine from the Lax team. she picked me up and we headed with her flatmate to the Nutty Irishman pub. it was alot of fun until this fat american dude thought he could pick me up.... he just talked about himself for ages.... yawn!

then it was Thursday! Sept 11th. the city was in a quiet respectful mood yestterday. i didnt head down to ground zero thinking it would be disrespectful to be a tourist on a day of mouring. instead i headed to cooney island. cooney island itself it really pretty,well at least the beach is. most if not all the amusements are shut for the season. but the place is in dire need of repairs, but has some sort of charm. ruined that charm for myself my having a nathan;s famous hot dog... the guide book said they are the best in the city, as a rule i dont like them and this was no different, infact i felt so ill!!! so i headed back into manhattan thinking i would catch some comedy or something when i was attracted to Madam Toussads for the wax creations and then to Ripely's believe it or not.... got home at 10.30pm and fell straight into bed, the effect of nathan's famous dogs was making itself known!!!

today is Friday and i have spent the entire day on foot walking through lower manhattan and shed many tears at the church at ground zero,it is so touching, really brought the tradgy home. mom will be proud that i was in a church!! and then to chinatown.. but then the rain came and i hid in an internet cafe....hence why the big post

until the next rainfall
xxx

2 comments:

philipgl said...

I miiiiissssss my Beckaaaaa!
Take care of yourself around the crazy New Yorkers! Laters :)

Kelly said...

Beck-a-boo...so glad you are loving New Yawk!! Say hi to my peeps for me.

-k.