Wednesday 2 July 2008

Leaving Oracle & Ireland

So folks it happened i finally made it out of the corporate world to do what i have been threatening to so for some time... travel. ofcourse i could not just up sticks and leave, that is not the becka way. i had to think about it for some time and then when the time was right get a job that would fund the expedition cos i do not want to get in to debt just yet, the credit card scares me enough as it is... thanks mum!! right so on friday the 27th of june at the kick off for FY09 i mae my teary farewell to many a manager, friend and collegue... the cringe is so raw right now i hte to think about it but wheen you have been fed free wine adn yummy food (the yummy stuff is never the soakage stuff) what do you expect?! plus im a light weight! so instead of having a dignified exit at the radisson i cried.. alot... and hugged way too much, im not a hugger it soft of freaked me out to be honest. when finally i got over my tears and the party was over i left oracle without my dignity but with a shiny new bruise courtesy of cristina dumping me over a chair!

Sat night was my going away party thing that i was expecting EVERYONE toturn up to but it didnt work out like that.. infact my mom drove me to diceys and the stayed a little while cos she felt sorry for me! but then seeing as she had been at the races that day and was in her races suit she felt like a hick so she exited stage left pretty sharpish! kelly was my partner for the first while while i freaked out that no one would come... that was ridiculous ofcourse but pre party nerves are a bitch to keep under control! then influx of people started and the party got underway, that is until the bouncers found us... we were not allowed stand in the walk way, dance in the walkway or disrupt the flow of traffic at all.. makes sense in the real world but this dude was anally retentive about it for some reason... sort of soured the beginning of the night really. midnight came and we all rocked over to the tripod en masse for our free cocktails... thanks siobhan...mmm... i managed to behave myself somehow, i even ended up at home and not staying over in some randoms apartment!!!woop woop clearly i am growing up!the night was filled with laughter and danceing and some confessions which will not be shared online but maybe one on one..... then after the club adn some neck sucking for the craic (sorry vonnie) i rocked over to the house of sin for an afterparty where my kt was polluted in the corner and stil managing to be alot of fun! but i didnt last long, 6am saw skinny get me a cab and me try really hard to creep back into my apartment... but the mothership was awake getting the slut sisters to the airport... uh oh, cue drunken chat about the night and then me passin out!noice! a great night i think over all.... and i somehow managed not to stain my dress, miracle!!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Saturday was great fun, thanks for the party, miss you already, love and hugs.

-k.